Are you thinking about your next family vacation, special occasion trip or looking for something different? We’ve got a great option. One of the best holidays you will ever take – a river cruise!
WHY A RIVER CRUISE?
- Ask anyone who has been on a river cruise and they will rave about it and soon after returning, they will book their next one.
- They are a simple way to travel. Most of all, you get to see multiple destinations in one simple trip while unpacking just once.
- There are river cruises to suit every interest. There is something for everyone including single travellers, active travellers, wine, beer and history lovers!
TOP RIVER CRUISE DESTINATIONS
- Without question, Europe is the top destination for river cruising. Cruises are available from Amsterdam, Venice, Paris, Prague, Zurich, Bucharest and more.
- There are amazing opportunities to see unique destinations along the Rhine, Seine, and Danube among others. In other parts of the world, you can cruise the Nile, Amazon, Mekong in Asia, and more.
- You can take a Scenic river cruise along the Rhone, from Paris to Nice (or the other way), and explore the foodie city of Lyon, historic Vienne, and Tarascon. Enjoy a walking tour of Viviers and explore Avignon.
- The Tauck cruise line offers four river cruises in Europe specifically for family groups. Activities range from Chef taught pizza-making classes to a scavenger hunt in the Louvre.
- AmaWaterways offers a Blue Danube Discovery seven-night cruise which departs Budapest on a journey to Bratislava, Vienna, Passau and the 2,000-year-old town of Regensburg, a UNESCO World Heritage Site .
TOP RIVER CRUISE EXCURSIONS
- U by Uniworld, the newest river cruise line in Europe, offers itineraries that focus on longer stays in destination. Step off the ship and you’re in downtown Amsterdam, ready to explore the city, eat a local restaurant and then go out on the town.
- Visits to local vineyards and restaurants are quite common, especially in France and Germany. Viking River Cruises offers one tour that lets guests see Bordeaux’s fountains and cellars. Cooking demonstrations in destination present recipes of regional treats and drinks—Austrian apple strudel, Rüdesheim Coffee and more. Excursions help you to explore and engage with your destination through its food, culture, countryside and customs.
FIND OUT MORE AND BOOK A RIVER CRUISE
- The choice in river cruise lines and itineraries is plentiful and so are the land excursions in destination. We can help match your budget and interests to find the perfect vacation for you! Our leisure travel experts specialize in cruising and will provide you with the best options for you to choose from. Contact us for more information and assistance in planning your best ever vacation!